Art and Culture Program Leaders, Organizers, Curators, Owners, Officers, Managers, Registrars, Staff, Artist Residency Enthusiasts, Residency Attendees, etc.
rural artist residencies/artist-in-residency programs, and art centres or art institutions in rural regions.
A gathering to discuss, network, share, forge partnerships, make international connections with other artist residency hosts and co-ordinators working in rural communities around the world.
7 days of: meetings, touring local cultural areas in Rajasthan, India, workshops, seminars and discussions about:
Artist residency successes and challenges;
Community engagement and/or outreach programs’ successes and challenges;
Fundraising; Funding partnerships; Sponsorship programs; Etc.
Collaborations with the community at large;
Development of artist residencies in rural areas;
Individual organization’s agendas, missions, programming, and objectives;
DATES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Sunday, December 27 – Pick up in Udaipur (Rajasthan), arrival at Farm Studio, welcome party
- Monday, December 28 – Local sight-seeing, introduction to Rajasthani culture, leopard safari
- Tuesday, December 29 – Workshops, seminars, discussions at Farm Studio
- Wednesday, December 30 – Workshops, seminars, discussions at Farm Studio, desert and mountain trekking
- Thursday, December 31 – Touring to local villages and discussions with community artists and artisans, New Years Eve party with Rajasthani musicians and dancers
- Friday, January 1 – Workshops, seminars, discussions at Farm Studio, culinary tour
- Saturday, January 2 – Concluding ceremony, departure, drop off in Udaipur
$450 USD per person
Included in the $450 USD fee: taxi pick up to and from Udaipur airport (27 Dec. and 2 Jan.), accommodation at Farm Studio, meals and beverages, sight seeing, leopard safari, interactions with locals, workshops/seminars/discussions.
Deadline for registration and payment:
June 30, 2020
$50 USD non-refundable deposit required after confirmation email from Farm Studio
$400 USD cash will be collected upon arrival at Farm Studio